It's been a long time since I've made a post of any sort here, so here goes. I think I'm going to start blogging redundantly, which should prove interesting. For people who know about here, there will continue to be blogging here. For people who don't, I'm going to be posting blogs on myspace (note: that's my profile, I believe), and more specifically the blog itself. Now, if you actually checked out the link, you'll notice there's some extra stuff here (like this opening/paragraph for one), and there's another little something here too. The idea is that I'm going to do a little more here include some things here that I'm not about to throw out there on myspace, just because the people that know about this site deserve more. So yeah, here goes with the meat of the post:
Okay, so this is going to be a little weird, I think. Been a while since I've blogged in any form, so time to dust these off and scrape a little rust off and see what's to be found here. Been a weird and busy few weeks here at home, a lot of work, not so much working out, been hanging out with some people and hardly ever hearing from others. It's a weird little mix. Went to Bryan's last weekend for a party of sorts, so I'd have the chance/excuse to hang out with him for a few hours. Some crazy-ass drama went down (ask me about it if you really want to know, but be warned, it's a LOOOOOOOOOOONG story), but regardless it was good to get to see and talk with him again, got to see his new kid too, and talk to his wife for the first time in forever. So in the end it made up for the drama, we're supposed to grab some drinks or something at some point soon, so who knows when that'll happen. Ny was there too, so it was also the first time I'd really gotten to chill and talk with him since I've gotten back too. Gotta try and hook up with him again at some point soon and shoot the shit, so to speak and chill and really catch up. Though we both seem to be rather busy as of late, so who knows when that'll happen. Anyway, I guess it ended up being a good evening when all was said and done.
Soccer starts next week here, but it's looking like I won't get to play this week due to work, so we'll have to rock out next week. Shouldn't be a big deal, but it is kind of a pain in my ass. Oh well. It'll be fun when it finally gets here. Luckily, it looks like there are only 3 games this months that I'll miss due to work, so yay. We'll see how July shapes up.
On an interesting note, Steve and I have tossed around the idea of working on some music and stuff again at some point. I'm not sure exactly how it's going to work in the end, but we're both kinda interested in really getting back into it again. At the very least it'll be some motivation for me to get back into playing, which I wanted to do this summer anyways. So the tuning up has begun, I have no idea how much we'll get done or whatever this summer, I suppose we'll discuss it again at some point. The problem right now would be in the recording. I think we could get a decent USB input device for like $80-100 that would let us just throw down some of the songs or whatever we do to keep a good record of it all so we can go back and refine it later... and then next summer or whatever/whenever, once I have something better to work with, we can work on getting them down in a better form so it'll sound better. So I think if anything, we plan to begin writing stuff, jamming out a little, fucking around, buying a cheapass little I/O device to demo some stuff, have fun. Then once I've got a little Pro-Tools setup going, we work on making it more concrete, polishing it and maybe trying to find a good/interesting vocalist to work with unless Steve or I want to try and throw down on the vocals. I guess we'll see. So I make no promises about it right now, and who knows what will happen with it, I'll keep you updated.
For now, I'm going to sleep since I have to work in the morning. I'll write more at some point in the near future.
-
Posted
02:07
by Mabelrode