headnoize: Clutch - "Robot Hive-Exodus," Meshuggah - "Catch Thirtythr33"
Wow, it's been a while. How's shit? Crazy kinds of busy here, my summer was so busy and fucked up that I basically didn't get anything accomplished that I wanted to while I was home. But I am back, never fear. And I'm ready to kick all kinds of ass. So you may be wondering to yourself, "Daniel, what brings you back at this particular time?" Well, I'll tell you, it's a very simple thing, really. It's the cursed National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo). Yes, I'm at it again, making an attempt to hit 50k words two years in a row. I wasn't happy with what I wrote last year, I think I'm going to scrap it and reapproach the idea at some point in the future once I work things out a bit more for it. So this year I'm taking a completely different approach.
Firstly the setting and story. This year, what I'm writing is based in the world and even more specifically the part of the world I'm going to use for the mud that is an ever-present project on the horizon. The goal is to use NaNoWriMo as a tool to help further establish and flesh out aspects of the setting and the races and whatnot for the game moreso than they already are in my head and on paper. It'll be an interesting experiment to see how much it helps being forced to solidify it as the story calls for it, and it will serve to catalog the things I come with and hopefully help to keep them consistant. I guess we'll see.
Secondly, I'm posting what I'm working on this time as I work on it (of sorts). I've set up a livejournal that I'm posting the story to. The way I'm doing it right now is friends only (mail me or post a comment there to get added) and I'm posting whenever I reach the end of a chapter or section (so that I'm not just posting and leaving people hanging mid-paragraph if that's where I feel like stopping for the day). Right now the Prologue is posted, and I'm expecting the first Chapter to grace the journal either tomorrow or Thursday if all goes well. So, without further ado, here it is. I'll work on getting appropriate links added to the site here soon. And I'll post updates here regularly as I work throughout the month.
I've got some more I want to say here, about things as of late and things I've been working on and where things are headed. I think I'm going to sit down and do that tomorrow, or at some point by the end of the week. We'll see how it goes. It's good to be back. Hopefully some of you are still paying attention. Adios.
What's the motherfucking count? 1,731/50,000 (3%)
-
Posted
00:54
by Mabelrode