Sonic Death Monkey
.:. Home .:. Writing .:.

4.28.2005


headnoize: Slipknot - "Vol. 3: The Subliminal Verses"

Just a quick note spawned from some research for a History final... reading about the Civil War. And some of you out there know my feelings on the Civil War and people's continued stupidity over it, so a lot of this reading has been met with much eye rolling. However, something I just read completely changed all of that. I just read a passage from a note from a Virginia soldier to his wife about why he was fighting in the war and the conduct of the Union soldiers... and I have to officially state, if I wasn't already damn proud to be Northern and representing Philly, this would fucking cement it. I will let the aim conversation speak for itself:

BobCthulhu (2:59:57 PM): A Georgia planter wrote to his wife from the camp of the 6th Georgia in June 1861 that it would be "glorious" to die "in defence of innocent girls & women from the fangs of the lecherous Northern hirelings, who from the accounts here stated, are indeed engaging in this strife, for 'beauty & booty.'"
BobCthulhu (3:00:13 PM): I'm totally in it for the beauty & booty
[Lhuvian] (3:00:51 PM): laughs
BobCthulhu (3:01:15 PM): they're my boys
BobCthulhu (3:01:29 PM): keepin' it real 1861 style

-

[Powered by Blogger]
Brought to you in part by BlogSkins.