headnoize: Some weird Sean Connery movie on A&E and my roommate's insanely loud snoring
So yes, as you might have guessed, I'm actually at MTSU now. And it's been almost a month since my last post here. But I'm hoping to change that. I'm hoping to turn this into a medium where people from Richmond can find out what's going on with me or what I'm up to here at school and just how things are going in general. So in reality, this is for Dee Love, Andrea (who knows if she still reads this), and any other of the people at home who decide to check it. So I'll see if I can't keep on top of it for the semester.
I've got about 20 minutes or so before I'm leaving to drive to Nashville for my first Aikido class here in Tennessee. It should be interesting. Or at least I'm hoping it is. I know there are going to be slight differences between this school and the one I am a part of back in Richmond, but I know I know enough to hang with these folks and at the very least hold my own.
The classes here are fun, except for my science class, which bores me to death. And then there's the math class I was forced to take this semester because I bombed a chunk of the math placement test (though I got a 98 on the pre-algebra part of it). And really, I'm not surprised, and I'm proud I did as well as I did, especially since I haven't had a math class of any way/shape/form since September of 1998. But the teacher in there, holy shit, it's beyond words. If he isn't gay, he's the most flaming straight man that has ever existed in the history of the earth. And he gets *WAY* too excited about math. I mean, he may be the world's only gay math cheerleader. I mean, take Big Gay Al, crossbreed it with like the stereotypical uber-cheerleader from any high-school movie, and then make them a math teacher... and you're beginning to understand what this man is like. I find myself laughing through the vast majority of the class and I just can't stop, sometimes there is such a thing as too much, and this is certainly bordering on it.
My japanese class is amusing too, because out Teacher is this little japanese girl/woman Chiba-san/sensei, and she's like the stereotypical japanese teacher-woman that you see in like every Japanese drama. She's all bubbly and rambles a lot and laughs and is all over the place and it's a riot. But it's going to be a good class, going to learn both hiragana and katakana this semester, should be an interesting ride. And it's also going to be interesting to see how long it's going to be before the super-Tennessee-hentai-pervert-redneck of doom has to drop the class. Holy shit, this guy is like a couple steps removed from the deliverance rednecks (and his accent is just as bad) and *ALL* he talks about is hentai. And I do mean *ALL* he talks about is hentai. In fact, one of the more memorable things he told us all in class one day (before Chiba-san/sensei was there) was that he was the (incredibly) proud owner of more than 120 GB of Hentai. Now don't get me wrong, I like the occasional hentai, it's worth a good laugh and goes good with a bowl of popcorn. But 120 GB of any singular type of porn may be a bit too much. Or at least for this guy, I would have made the cutoff about 100 gigs ago.
Anyways, I'll write more at some point this weekend. For now I'm going to get ready to drive to Nashville. Adios. <wave>
-
Posted
09:36
by Mabelrode