Sonic Death Monkey
.:. Home .:. Writing .:.

7.13.2003


headnoize: random Classical music

Man, do I love this new CD player of mine. A portable made by Philips for Nike... plays mp3 cds, holy fuck is this thing beautiful. Physically it's much like a UFO and in reality somewhat on the "trying too hard to look chic and cool" side of things for it's own good... but functionally, massively outstanding. I packed literally maybe a dozen cds, each with probably anywhere from 10-15 cds on them, so I have music to no end for the week.

And speaking of which, I'm currently sitting in a chair probably at least 700 miles from my house, in the fun and exciting land that is occasionally known as Tennessee. Now, I'm still not entirely sure how I feel about being down here. I think I'm still on the I'd rather not be here, but it's better than being in my rut at home kinda side of things. Though it is somewhat amusing to watch the recognition of who I am dawn on people's faces. You see, I happen to rather strongly resemble my mom's father, who like everyone in the like three or four counties around here seem to know in some way, shape or form. I mean, it's amusing, you can hold up a picture of my grandfather from his baseball playing days and hold up a picture of me, and other than some obvious difference (hair and whatnot), our facial structure is very, very similar. So it dawns on them in a most amusing fashion when they see my mom and are like, "OH! I remember you, aren't you..." and then they look at me and it clicks as to who's grandson I am and the stories begin. Things are very odd in a surreal way here. Everyone has stories, EVERYONE. And the builds here are nuts, because you can count the number of builds that have been built since like 1970 on both hands with fillanges to spare. And the vast majority of the builds are like 50's era stuff, it's just nuts. It can't really be explained. Just pay a visit to Columbia, Tennessee at some point in your life.

So I think I'm going to be updating a bit this week (through Tuesday night at least), not sure what in the hell all I'm going to say, but I'll try and think of something, and you might even get a drunk rant at some point, but I make no guarentees. But for now I think I'm going to go. I will write more at some point tomorrow, but who knows when. We'll see. Until then, enjoy. <wave>

-

[Powered by Blogger]
Brought to you in part by BlogSkins.