headnoize: Nothingface - "Skeletons" & Taproot - "Welcome"
First of all, I have to say this is going to be a little on the short side... mainly what I wanted to say is that it's done and the day is finally over. I went and got the tattoo done today and so far have two good pictures of it... the first one, was taken by the artist within about a minute or so of the tattoo's completion. And the second one, was taken a couple hours later once I took the bandage off and cleaned it. I'm very, very happy with it right now. At the last minute I decided to see if I could find the characters in my massive super-official Kanji book of doom. So I took the book with me and the guy did the print from the characters in the book. And we had an interesting conversation about kanji tattoos and now he normally hates them because when most people get them done they're dull and don't have the flourish of calligraphy that they need to truly mean anything, and then secondly they don't normally really mean anything to people, people just get stuff like "strength" and "honor" and "wisdom" and little stock stuff like that done. He was also fascinated with the book, which has all of the officially recognized Kanji characters including the order of all the brush strokes you're supposed to use. He said it was something that'd be really useful to him just as a reference for tattooing. It was cool, definately worth my money and my time, and I'll definately be going back there for work in the future.
Anyways, pre-ordered the new Therapy? single and their new album today... one comes out on Monday (the single) and the other on like May 5th (the album, duh)... so wheeeeee, just got to wait for them to 1) Come out and 2) Cross the pond and I'll be super happy.
I'm going to try and sleep some, fun stuff. So I'll talk to you all soon. <wave>
-
Posted
00:35
by Mabelrode