headnoize: HBO Series - Six Feet Under
Gotta love the long ass time between updates. Really at times it's hard to find the time to sit down and write a post, and at other's it's hard to find the motivation to actually make the posts. So right now I'm kinda forcing myself to make one and we'll see where it goes. First off, a crappy picture of a nice size-relation of the Amp of Doom as compared to the giant dresser in my room... which you will find here. Secondly, I'd like to say that I'm proud of my little POS car. It may look all ghetto, and the tape-player may like to scream along with the music, but damn is it a workhorse.
Really, I'm not sure where to start. Shit's been kinda crazy lately. Enough that I'm not sure what I want to write here, which I think is part of why I find excuses to not do so. This week generally tends to be a week of reflection for me. A time when I look back at the past and try to see if I can sort anything out to help further learn from things and improve myself into the being I'd like to one day become. I feel like I'm in quite an impressive rut. The one I've been trying so hard to avoid. And I feel the things I want getting pushed further and further back, more and more out of reach. I definately feel like there's a path out of it all, but at times it feels way too exact... like if I deviate from it at all, all the effort is going to be wasted. And at times, it feels like way too much work than I feel like I'm capable of doing. But I can't prevent myself from trying, you know?
So here's where we come to the things that have been in the works for a while now. Shit fell through with the studio thing. Originally it was because Nick had to work the French Film Festival at the Byrd and couldn't get the day off for the studio session. Then, when we find out Nick can't do it, Ethan's not at band-practice and we can't re-plan the studio session because he's out fucking protesting the War in Iraq like a gimpy bitch. Now, I don't give a fuck what you think about the reasons why we went in, or the timing of us going in and shit. Fuck all of that, none of it fucking matters now. Our country whipped it's cock out in front of all of its friends and grabbed a ruler, and now we gotta fucking measure it. There's no going back and saying, "Oh, just kidding." We gotta follow through now and show that this bullshit isn't in vain. So don't fucking protest this shit, fucking go out and say, "Hey, I hope this shit is over with really quickly so our troups can get the fuck home." Godspeed, Roger, get the fuck home, brother.
So the studio stuff is a little post-poned. I tried to call the studio a couple times, and they never returned my calls. So fuck them. Time to try and look at alternatives. Not sure what yet, but it's definately something to look into.
Secondly, and kinda tie-in to the whole bring reflective thing. I called earlier today and made my appointment for next Tuesday to get my tattoo done. This is something I've been tossing around for nearly 3 years now, and it's time. I've got the money, and I've got the design (obviously), and now I've got the appointment. I'm having it done at River City Tattoo here in Richmond. Believe me, there will be pictures.
Now, the good stuff. Been talking with Nick and Sean lately, and the punk/rock project is really close to taking off. We've got a practice space on Southside, and it's just going to be a bitch transporting the Amp of Doom to the practice space, but fuck it, free is a good thing. So, should take until May at the very latest to get things synched up and get the practices rolling... if Sean and I don't just go ahead and start things earlier. We'll see. I'll let you know when the ass-kicking starts.
A couple things real quick before I go. First, I finished with my recording project... and I made an .mp3 of the song and threw it up here. Now, I'll warn you, it was ripped from a cassette tape, so there are some little time anomolies thanks to my crap-ass tape player on my shitty old stereo. But you'll get some of the point. The song was written and performed by Chris Nuckols. So don't think I'm going all Indie-rock, you have no need to worry about that. Anyways, it was fun, good to get it over with though.
I'm not sure what else to write about at the moment, so I'm going to go try and sleep. I'll write again before the end of the week (Sunday by the latest). So woo. I'll type at you folks later. Until then, have fun. <wave>
-
Posted
01:53
by Mabelrode