headnoize: The Gathering, "Souvenirs"
Okay, I've had a few days to fully digest this cd now (this is the one that just came out like last week). I have to say, it's quite the cd. Very musically thick and well put together. A great amount of layering to it. A very, very good thing to add to a collection. And if you pile the Black Light District EP onto it, you've got a soundscape very similar in texture to How to Measure a Planet...? but less atmospheric (less etherial) and a little more dissonant in the instrumentation. But it's very tasteful dissonance. An incredibly well put together work, very much worth the wait. Oh, and there's a duet at the end of the cd that's fucking awesome, just kind of something that has to be heard.
Speaking of waits, still waiting for my motherfucking Amp to get in. The official statement is that it will, "be in any day now." And that they aren't sure why it isn't there yet (or why it's taken this long to get here), but it has been ordered, so who knows. I'm going to call and harass them tomorrow, so we'll see. The official statement was made on Tuesday, so who knows. I'm hoping it'll be there tomorrow, because I want to get this motherfucker home and play it. Woohah.
So it looks like I've done the right amount of ass-kicking to get people in Dryad motivated enough to work on this recording and whatnot. So I suppose we'll see. I'm going to call the guy next week and double-check on the pricing and whatnot and make sure it's $10/hr still. Because I'm not wanting to pay more than that. Not out of my own pocket at least. I'll let you know a bit more after we discuss it some this weekend.
So I'm going to have some fun today before I go into work, I'm going to go get the tattoo I want to get in a little over a month priced. Just to get a ballpark figure for how much it's probably going to run. Which, all in all, would be a very good thing to know. I can't imagine it being more than say $80 or so (and $80 is probably a bit high on the spectrum, but it would be complex for the size I want it to be, so who knows). That's what I'm going to go find out today, so woo!
So anyways, I'm going to go do stuff, and be bored for a little bit and then go price that tattoo and then go to work, so here's to a fun and exciting day. You folks have fun, and I'll throw more down at the beginning of the week, if not before hand (like if I get my amp). <wave>
-
Posted
11:22
by Mabelrode