headnoize: Sepultura, "Under a Pale Grey Sky"
Holy shit, I'm soooooo in love with this cd. I stumbled upon its existance purely by accident the other day at Best Buy and holy fucking shit. Basically some genius miraculously decided to record the last show played on the Roots tour in London back in 1996. Which in a couple months proved to be the last show ever played by Sepultura with Max Cavalera as their frontman. And several years later, some genius at Roadrunner decides to fucking release the concert as an un-cut 2 cd set. It's fucking beautiful and fucking awesome and it's everything you could possibly expect it to be. Max is one of the best performers I've seen (one of my top two personalities, I think) and it really shines through in this recording. Especially if you've seen him live (with either Sepultura or Soulfly). Anyways, I strongly recommend it, it's a *GREAT* buy.
Anyways, got some music news of sort. First off, I talked to the engineer at the studio that Bill works at, and set up a time an whatnot for Dryad to hit the studio and record at least one track. It'll be March 29th, enough time for me to kick people in the nuts and get everything in order and whatnot. I want to make sure we get one song done really well, and maybe try and cram another couple songs in whatever leftover time we have after that. So we'll see, I'll let you know more on that when I'm able to talk to them about it a bit more.
Yesterday sucked ass. I spent a good 10 hours yesterday throwing up on a fairly regular basis. And now my stomach muscles are all like, "GAH! THIS SUCKS!" and they hurt whenever I stand up for any real amount of time (like more than a couple seconds). Mostly because of all the vomitting, and also in part to the lack of food yesterday. I wasn't able to keep anything down until sometime after 4pm or so, and even then, the only things I injested yesterday were the following: 1 coffee mug full of chicken broth, 2 cans of flat (room temperature) Sprite, and 6 (count 'em, 6) Saltines. So yeah, my stomach wasn't happy with me this morning ;) I went to work for a few hours this morning (because I didn't want like 12 hours on my paycheck this week), and it was fine when I wasn't standing up and walking around. But yes, going to relax some more today, and just chill out and try not to move around too much and just relax. I'm not going to Ny's tonight (to recover, and just incase I'm still infectious), so that'll give me some extra time to try and not be sick any more ;)
Anyways, here in a few minutes, it's going to be one of the two moments we've all been waiting for since like fucking October. I'm getting ready to go up to Richmond Music and fucking order my amp. So in theory, I should have it within a week or so. And when it gets in to Richmond Music, that'll be the second moment we've all been waiting for, when I own my fucking amp =) I can't wait. So I'm going to go do that, and be happy and lazy and try to not be painful for the rest of the fucking day. You folks take care, and I'll talk at you more a bit later. <wave>
-
Posted
13:19
by Mabelrode