Sonic Death Monkey
.:. Home .:. Writing .:.

2.13.2003


headnoize: Paradise Lost, "Believe in Nothing"

Well, what a difference a week makes (as I've been noticing so often in the past few months). I've got half of my grant money now (unfortunately it's the wrong half). You see, they send me a seperate check for each grant, the crappy one was released on the 10th, while the good on is released around the 15th. So who knows, next week my friends, next week.

The punk/rock group seems to be forming up quite nicely. Nick's going to man the sticks and kick some percussive ass for me. Got a guy Shawn from my Theory class told me he'd play "Whatever I needed him to pick up." And I'll be talking to this guy Erik a bit more about bringing him on on either guitar or bass, and have Shawn play whatever Erik isn't. ;) So now the process comes down to a few simple things. First and foremost, finding the space to practice. I've been looking for a good storage space (as inspired by my trip to Columbia, SC), but I need to go visit a couple and try to really find something in my budget (less than $100/month), especially since I don't know whether anyone else is going to help pick up part of it. Then I need to work on getting one of two cheap (around $200) PA systems from Musician's Friend for use by vocallists. Which leads to the third thing, finding said vocallist to sing for the band. I know of two people I'd give it to in a heartbeat... if they didn't live in Roanoke and Columbia. So we'll see, I definately need someone who knows not to take either themselves or the music too seriously, and I think that's going to be the tricky part. But it'd be good to at least jam and whatnot a bit before finding a vocallist. One step at a time, that's the most important thing to remember here.

So we'll see what happens when that next check gets here, it all starts with that. It's just a matter of time.

So I'll drop back in in a couple days and let you folks know what's up and whatnot. <wave>

-

[Powered by Blogger]
Brought to you in part by BlogSkins.