headnoize: computer lab
Woo, fun shit, got like a bit more than half an hour before I get to jet and have some fun in my Overview class. Should be interesting, since the exam should be next week. And that promises to be fun, exams next week. The only ones I'm really even remotely worried about at the moment are the two studio classes. But I think I should have those pretty much nailed, but I suppose we'll see when we review and stuff over the rest of this next week or so.
So the concept of school and education has gotten a bit interesting recently. I've been looking into the idea of getting a much bigger degree in the whole Recording Technology thing, and I've found what appears at the moment to be a decent school at which to do this kinda thing. Middle Tennessee State has one of the best recording programs on the east coast, and it's right around the same price (if not a little cheaper) than VCU even for out of state students (and that includes board and meal plans). This is something I am *REALLY* considering at this point. Cause in a lot of ways it's everything I feel I need at the moment, it's a change of pace, it gets me out of Richmond for a while (I'm sure I'd still come home like on occasion during the summer and whatnot and probably for X-Massacre and all the fun bullshit), and it'd be me getting out on my own and really trying to turn shit around and whatnot. Which is something I feel like I need. Sure, I'll end up occuring some debt, but that's not really a big deal in the end, because I'll be able to do something I really love to do. The only real setback I can see is that it would disrupt some of the musical projects I'd be able to work on. Or well, more accurately, I'd have to find new ones.
So it's something I'm considering, something I'm considering quite a bit. I just have some people I'd probably need to talk to about it (my mother, who'd probably crap herself... and Negri, since I'd probably be transfering there). I also kinda want to talk to Andrea about it, but that's just me, cause I think she could help me think it out a lot better and whatnot. But I guess we'll see. As of right now, I'm kinda planning to run down and visit the campus and whatnot this summer and look into maybe transferring into there either Spring of next year, or the following Summer, depending on how well I feel I need to get prepared for all of this, cause it should be interesting either way.
Just kinda something I'm tossing around and putting a lot of thought into. Because it could be something that would be very good for me. And something I definately have to at least consider somewhat seriously. Unless I get a studio just begging to have me work for them before the point where I'd want to transfer to MTSU. Anyway, just a lot of stuff to think about. Who knows what will come of it, just have to discuss and search out my options and all that fun stuff.
Anyway, I should get going and get ready for this class, I'll write more soon enough, I'm sure. But until then, you folks take it easy. <wave>
-
Posted
13:19
by Mabelrode