Sonic Death Monkey
.:. Home .:. Writing .:.

11.11.2002


headnoize: Drown - "Hold on to the Hollow"

This album really speaks to me recently, it kinda always has, I just like the way Lauren writes. But it's just kinda like recently I can really say, "Shit yeah, man... I hear exactly what you're saying." I can't wait to see SiX at this point...just a little less than 2 weeks.

Speaking of concerts, I went and saw Lennon last night, all by my lonesome. And it was a pretty amusing show for several reasons. First because other than this band from Orlando that's touring with Lennon, there were *4* local bands openning the show. Lesse... first there was the punk band (read: a Blink 182 band)... who were pretty funny, because they did a cover of "My Girl" that was surprising well done, albiet a little off-key. Then there was a metal band, that was okay, with the exception that their first few songs sounded really muddled and out of sync... but some of their stuff was good... then ummm... came the band from orlando, which was an odd like Hippy-Rock group... then came the alternative group ummmm "Face Dive" I think, that was apparently a group made up of people from various other local bands, who were actually rather good. And then came Soul Mason, a rather good metal group that reminded me of Fates Warning at times... rather good to listen to.

Then came Lennon, who I'd actually seen walking around and whatnot all day. They put on a good show, and it was made even more interesting because like only 4 songs they played were off of their first album, the vast majority of the stuff was new, which was damn good to hear. So here's the second amusing thing... apparently I was like the only person at the show who wasn't from the Springfield/Franconia/DC Area... and thirdly, other than probably one other person in the crowd, I'm fairly certain I was the only person there who'd actually HEARD of Lennon before the show (since most of them were there to support the bands of their various friends and whatnot). So anyways, it was a fun show. And it gets down to the end of it, and Lennon's like, "We're going to play one more song for you..." and me being who I am at shows (I have a habbit of yelling out songs I want to hear), I go ahead and yell "Property of Goatfucker" since it's a great song name, and really the only song they hadn't played that I wanted to hear. So I yell it, and people laugh because it's funny to hear someone yell "Property of Goatfucker" and Lennon just kinda looks at me and grins and says, "No, we won't be playing 'Property of Goatfucker,' or well, we'll play it if you guys are nice and loud during this next song, which is MY favorite song. So if you guys are good, we'll play 'Property of Goatfucker.'"

Needless to say, they ended up playing it eventually after a really funny speach about how the song is a nice warm song about telling someone how they've fucked you over. And the bass player says, "It's a song to write home to mom about," and Lennon looks at him and laughs and says, "Especially if she's the one who's fucked you over." But I suppose you had to be there. Anyways, after the show I got to stand around and talk to Lennon for a good 5-10 minutes, it was rather fun. When I told her I drove 2 hours to see the show she laughed and said, "Well thank you, you're an idiot, but thank you." It was pretty fun =) Got a signed poster out of it too, so I'll be hanging it up on the other side of my room from the signed P(*)E poster. Anyways, it was a good night on the whole.

I also decided to skip class this morning (hense why I'm here to write this). I figured since I was originally supposed to be in Houston this weekend anyways, and would have missed this class anyway, and I've already got a good grasp on what we're doing in the class at the moment, I can afford a day off. I mean hell, I'll be caught up easilly by the end of Class Wednesday. So it's really no big deal... and quite frankly, I think I deserve some time off. Even if I'm not going to be spending it sleeping in, damn it. Now if I only had a way to get out of work... <snicker> Anyways, I'll be going to class tonight, so it'll all be spiffy.

But I'm going to get going for now, and I'll talk to you folks later (more than likely between classes tomorrow). Have fun until then, and who knows, maybe I'll have some good news or something... if not I'll probably just blab about music stuff I want to do ;) anyways, have fun today, or well, I certainly hope you have more fun than me. <wave>

-

[Powered by Blogger]
Brought to you in part by BlogSkins.