Sonic Death Monkey
.:. Home .:. Writing .:.

11.12.2002


headnoize: Clickity Clack

Wheeeeeeeeeeeeee, gotta love it when Acoustics gets out like over an hour early. So I get to sit around and figure out what in the hell I'm going to do for the next hour, only a small part of which is going to be blogging, I think.

So lesse, what to talk about. Dee Love and I threw down on some Time Splitter 2 action last night, that was pretty fun. Nothing like a console bond-like FPS with the crazy fish-eye action of doooooooooom. But it was fun blowing the heads off of Zombies, fun fun stuff... so it's funny, I think we'll probably end up alternating between the TS2 shit and the PSO shit and get a nice mix of decent action going... since really PSO requires a great deal of invested time to really sit down and play it. Like, you can't just sit down and really play PSO for only like an hour... you really gotta set aside some time for it. Which is where TS2 comes in really well, cause you can just throw down on the Deathmatch doomage and pween people for as little as like 10-15 minutes and it's rather fulfilling. And despite how much Console-based FPS games normally suck, it's pretty fun, and probably strictly from the standpoint of me knowing it's a Console FPS and I'm just kinda expecting it to be funny and crazy (which it is).

I got a copy of Fruity Loops 3 the other day to check out and play around with. I'm going to start hitting some Tutorials and whatnot for it tonight, I think. And just kinda play around with it for a bit and see if I can really get it to do what I'd like to get it to do. I've already figured out some ways I need to figure out how to manipulate it, so we'll see how that goes. It'd be good to get to a point where I can do some pretty basic recording on my machine at home, and just work some stuff out and whatnot. Cause I got some projects and whatnot I really want to work on, but don't entirely have the means to at this point. Specifically because I feel like I need to get at least a couple more pieces of gear to really be able to produce much of anything of substance, or at least anything that would sound good... really like, tossing $150+ for the Johnson J-Station, and maybe a firewire break-a-way box for the inputs and whatnot. and eventually that sexy, sexy bitch of an Amp I've got my eyes on (39 more weeks 'til I own that bitch). And then things will get fun and we'll see what happens from there.

I might actually stay for the full Aikido Class tonight, I think it's really going to depend on whether or not Comic Relief Boy is there or not... if he's not there, I'll probably stay for the second (more advanced) half of the class... and if he is there, I'll probably hold off until next week. I kinda want to either way, but meh... I'm kinda in slack off mode this week (and yes, that is indeed different from the way I am every other week). I think it just kinda extends from dealing with all the crap recently. Cause I don't want to deal with it, it bores me to be honest. I'm just sick of it and tired of it, and the time that shit needs to change is probably coming faster that most people are going to want it. Who knows. I really want to be in a point where I can honestly say I look forward to every day (don't we all, though?), but I don't entirely see that happening any time soon without a good deal of change. The problem is, figuring out how to change things to reach the goal I want... oh, and not to mention having the means to actually change them. Change is generally a somewhat pricey undertaking, and that's going to be the most difficult part of all of it, I think. Anyway, just kinda stuff that's always being tossed around in my mind with any other number of things. Just kinda food for thought.

Anyways, I'm going to get ready for class in a few minutes. So I suppose I should go and all that fun stuff. I'm sure I'll talk to the majority of the people who actually read this at this point in time soon enough. But until then, keep kicking ass, there's a lot of shit to be done. <wave>

-

[Powered by Blogger]
Brought to you in part by BlogSkins.