Sonic Death Monkey
.:. Home .:. Writing .:.

9.10.2002


headnoize: more lab crap

Woohah, I have no idea what to talk about today. Lemme go look and see if I mentioned anything in my last entry that I needed to expound upon...

Ahhhhh yes, the coding front. Some interesting developments of sorts here. Well this past sunday, Nysos and I were talking about a general lack of activity and whatnot going on...so we were trying to come up with ways of changing this...mostly there's a lack of fun stuff going on Saturday nights, and a definate lack of almost anything to do on Sundays after we eat/watch something. So we did a bit of talking, and now that he's not working with Ethan on the 3d Engine, Ny's had some programming time open up. So...beginning in a couple weeks, Nysos and I are going to begin a big mud coding excursion on Sundays...basically on Sunday we'll code together and toss updates from test-builds we've each been working onto together into the main build...and update all the test builds...and during the week we'll work on the code for the test builds, and discuss progress and whatnot and figure out where we need to go.

So what does this mean. Well, it gives me some focus and motivation to code and keep at it until I'm done. It also means that I'm going to have to write up more roleplaying system as much as I possibly can so that I can give him a copy to read to understand where I'm coming from...and also update it from his insite and modify it so that it'll be really badass once applied to this game. It'll also help with the content stuff later one once we get the core system coded. Since it'll be more than just me working, and I'll be able to focus down on what needs to be done and whatnot, instead of trying to be ever expansive. Cause that's what really needs to happen...is that it needs to expand as more people begin to play it...cause if you make it too huge to start with, people will never meet up with one another and it'll be a lot harder to keep people around, since they won't see people around and will kinda stop playing and whatnot. So the idea is to have like a town, and some surrounding area to explore and adventure in, and then maybe a second smaller village or something, and that seems like a really good basis to begin with...and then develop lots of other stuff to be put into the game later on once we start getting a player-base.

So it's all coming together. We'll just see where it starts heading and how well it progresses. It should definately be interesting...anyways, I must get to class. I will talk at you folks later. <wave>

-

[Powered by Blogger]
Brought to you in part by BlogSkins.