Sonic Death Monkey
.:. Home .:. Writing .:.

8.27.2002


headnoize: Computer lab with noisey air conditioning

Okay, so it's been 2 weeks or so, but my schedual has finally calmed down enough for me to be able to post...albiet I am just sitting around waiting for another class to start, but shhhh.

So much interesting stuff went down in the past couple weeks. My friend Bryan had a kid (or well, his girlfriend had it, but it was his)... Dustin's g/f decided to spaz out and bitch at me about something (I'm still not sure she had any idea what she was talking about, since about half of what she was saying was practically incoherant)... I started classes for the semister (woo, I'm actually in a studio)... and finally, there was a BIG Threshold gathering in DC this past weekend.

First things first the child, definately an interesting occurance in a very, very insane manor. Just like "Wow, that's pretty crazy" Not sure how well Bryan's going to handle it, since he's always been known to be fairly quick-tempered (to say the least). But I think he has the stuff in him to be a good father, I suppose we'll see. I'll let you guys know the name as soon as I get it in a medium where I can both remember it and know how in the hell it's spelled ;)

Alright, then came Dee Love's g/f spazzing at me for like 30 minutes. That was almost funny if it wasn't so unintelligible. Basically to make a long story short (mostly because I don't feel like waisting much of my time talking about it), she somehow reasoned that it is my fault that she didn't get any grant money. Now this would be understandable if I say filled out her FAFSA...or maybe even if I say went to the same freakin' school she does? But my financial aid situation has pretty much nothing to do with her's, and well maybe she should bother to ask at my financial situation before bitching at me about my ruining her's <boggle> Anyways, the funny part came when I think she began to realize (or at least I hope she was beginning to realize) that her argument didn't have much merit, and of course, like all good participants in a discussion, when her side fell through, she magically didn't want to talk any more...imagine that...then this was eventually followed by her blocking me on Aim, so I couldn't ask her why she didn't want to finish a conversation she started. Anyways, fun stuff.

Next on the list, classes, in a studio...WOOHOO! Apparently, I get to actually record a song this semister, and mix it in a class next semister. So basically this means I need to fucking write a song to record in there ;) plus get the equipment with which to play it in the studio so that I can actually go about recording it. Right now I plan to ask Steve if I can just snag his old PA (which hasn't been used in years) and rock that shit. So we'll see how that goes, I'll probably call him tomorrow after my Theory class. But yeah, going to write guitar/bass/vocals (probably) and try and figure out something from there with drums...though the teacher might group us up for songs and whatnot, so we'll see where that goes...I'll start working on the song anyways so that I'll have it ready just in case. Then once I'm done mixing it, you better believe it'll be posted up here...damn straight.

Next comes the Threshold get together...holy hell, there's just too damn much to even remotely hope to talk about in this post alone...Andrea went with me, and ended up hating the first night...and I assured her that it'd get better the second night in, and she didn't believe me...but then she had a little bit of fun Saturday afternoon, and as far as I could tell, she had quite a bit of fun on Saturday night ;) It was good stuff...I'll try to post in the next couple days about all the crazy shit I did and what all I remember, and even some of the stuff I missed. It was good stuff. Though the real highlight for me was finally getting to meet a friend of mine from Texas, Natalie...I just wish I had had more time to sit down and talk with her in person, but we had fun. I just hope she'll be able to make it next year. (For those of you who don't know, I've been really good friends with her for a bit over 6 years or so now, so this is quite the event ;)

Anyways, I'll post more on the party later, it'll probably be Wednesday night after band shit, who knows. Sometime soon. But for now, I must get off to class. Time to go learn about the Media Nazi that is Clearchannel Radio. Adios. <wave>

-

[Powered by Blogger]
Brought to you in part by BlogSkins.