headnoize: a little bit of keyboard clicking mixed with a nice healthy dose of lab tech's talking
Booyah! Comin' at ya one day early. How's that for dedication ;) Anyways, I will be posting tomorrow too, but I'm bored and I don't feel like working on my Term paper yet, and I've got 45 minutes until my Music Appreciation Class even starts.
So anyways, it's starting to look like Dryad might actually have a show soon. It's going to be at an Oso Studios (the place we used for our "demo" work, I say "demo" because as of right now it's never seeing the light of day until it is vastly improved and remixed) Keg Party. It was going to be the 4th of July, but they pushed it back to the 20th, which is a Saturday. Hopefully Nick will be able to get the time off of work and we'll be able to go in there and kick the shit out of everything and everyone. We're trying to figure out what songs we're going to play, and once we come to a decision, I'll let you guy's know. Fortunately, Joel (the guy who owns the studio) will probably be bootlegging the whole show, so we'll probably be able to get a copy of our chunk of the show made and if it sounds good, we might toss that around some to see what people think. So we'll see from that too.
So I had to cave and withdraw from a class today. So Rest In Peace Photography class, you will be missed. It was a very interesting class, unfortunately I don't have much free time, therefor it was a massive pain in the ass to pull strings to get the free time I needed to complete projects and assignments for the class. And this week was kinda the breakpoint. Last week's assignment got fucked up because my film botched, and I wasn't actually able to replace it for a couple days, which meant I had to do this assignment (which is showing examples of all the different kinds of natural light and the way it can effect an image)...and well, that weekend was a pretty shitty weekend to go out and attempt to do it, even if I could find the time to do it in the first place. So, on top of this, we get assigned two more projects last week that are due this Wednesday, so basically, I had not one but three assignments due on Wednesday (that's 3-6 rolls of film that needed to be taken in less than 7 days)...as you can probably tell, this just wasn't going to happen. So, as much as I didn't want to, I had to withdraw from the class. And I hate to do it, because it's admitting defeat, and I hate having to admit that I couldn't do something, but this was neigh insermountable. Even today nature is working against me, it's completely overcast, which makes lighting all defused, which means I can't get different examples of lighting unless it clears up, and it's showing no sign of stopping right now. So alas, I will be without Photography for the rest of the semister.
Woo, only 20 more minutes to kill. Lesse, alright, I'm going to talk about the Gamecube. It finally seems like the Gamecube ball is beginning to roll in the US. It's now beginning to build a study base of games, and it's got a nice group of titles on the way. Unfortunately, it still has yet to prove itself in my opinion. Yeah, it's nice and pretty, but right now it seems almost like a novelty. Like that the reason you own a Gamecube is so that you can play the very small handful of games that won't be released on the PS2. And right now, that list is very tiny. And honestly, the showing of Nintendo exclusive games just doesn't get me off the way it seems to for the fanatical Nintendo crowd. First of all, Mario and Link both blow. Mario makes some funny noises, but that's really about it, I'd much rather see more of Luigi. I'll probably wait for my brother to buy Mario Sunshine so I don't have to spend money on it. And as for Link...personally, since Link to the Past on the SNES, the entire series has been lame. (oh, I know that's going to get some fun responces) And now they're not only taking the lame style of the n64 series of Link games, but they're cell-shading it too. Yay.
I will say though, that I'm looking forward to some of the PS2 titles being ported to the GCN (Read: Freekstyle). And hopefully we'll get something decent out of the GCN-Exclusive crowd soon enough. (Maybe they won't fuck up on Metroid Prime).
In further news, I'm going to be moved to the most boring store on the planet soon. So I will feed my growing insanity while I am there by going back to work on the glorious mass of insanity that is the Misadventures. For those of you unaware, the Misadventures is a project I began in my Junior year of High School in an attempt to focus the insanity brought upon me by my institution of learning. It began after reading some Terry Prachett, and I said to a friend of mine, "You know, I could write something like this." And he said to me, "No you couldn't." And so, of course, I had to set out to prove him wrong, and it begun that very day. And by the end of my Senior year, I had over 120 handwritten pages of mass insanity that begun very peacefully and nice (and even didn't have any profanity because I originally had the thought of not putting any in there because if it turned out to be good, it would be a lot easier to get it published if it wasn't a mass of "crapboobscrap" and "helldamnfart" if you catch my references) but of course, probably about 30-40 pages into it, I caved and things got even more fun. I had a small group of fans that would come to me on at least a dayly basis and read the chapters I had writen so far that day, or catch up from where they last left off. And well, there were many crazy plans for it (for those of you who don't know, one of the purposes of Megadefority.com was to host the text version of the story & serve as the launching point for many of these projects, the first of which was going to be an attempt at a comic version of the story (which would fit almost perfectly)), many of which I'd still like to try some day, but I don't know how well it's going to work, so we'll see. But the first two things I must do are 1) get the story in a medium where it can be accessed by the masses, and most importantly 2) Finish the fucking story. Right now it's about halfway done, and lord knows I have enough fodder to feed the machine of jokes and bullshit in there, so hopefully this should all go well. Writing again is pretty simple, I've got some plot worked out somewhere, and I just need to read the story again to see where I was going. Hopefully something will come of it soon.
Anyways, I have to get off to class, so maybe I'll discuss this more tomorrow. And if I have any updates on the concert shit, I'll throw that up here too. So we'll see. Have fun today, and don't do anything I wouldn't do. <wave>
-
Posted
10:01
by Mabelrode