Sonic Death Monkey
.:. Home .:. Writing .:.

7.22.2002


headnoize: Computer Lab

Alright, well, it's been a while since I last visited you folks, and I'm not sure how much there is to say, so here goes.

First things first, the party we were going to play at got cancelled, apparently one of the roommates that was living at the house (there were 3-4 of them) decided to move out pretty suddenly, and that left the rest of them with two choices. They could pay the rent, or they could throw the party. Unfortunately for us, they decided to go with the first of those two options and so there was no show. Alas.

I'm working on getting my girl her b-day present, even if it is still a month away. (and trust me, with as big of a deal as she makes her b-day, you need to be planning and working on things at least a month in advance)... and as scary as that is, I actually got an idea while planning this as to what I'm going to get her for X-massacre this year, or well, a part of it at least...but I might go ahead and get it soon just so I don't have to worry about it later.

I've also signed up for all my classes next semister. Right now I've got 15 credits worth of stuff I'm taking, and two of those classes are actually in the studio screwing with all kinds of crazy stuff (one of them is like the basics of how to record and whatnot, and the other is like how to take apart and maintain all of the different recording equipment, fun stuff)...I'm also taking Music Theory I (which I've been told is a 1 semister class that's equal to the entire year of Theory I took in highschool, goes to show you how good public education really is), Accoustics (woo! the Physics of Sound), Overview of the Recording Industry (how record label, companies, distributers, radio stations and all that fun shit work) and finally...Aikido! (Yay!) I'm getting back into Aikido, so I'm taking Martial Arts I again, and if I have the room for it next semister, I'll be taking Martial Arts II, and after that I'll be dropping the $20/month this guy charges for lessons and continuing on with that for a while after I'm done with school (and as anyone who's taken Martial Arts before, those kind of rates are insanely cheap, all thanks to the deal he has with the college to use their gym as his dojo)...so all will be good again.

I've also been working recently on what to do with a chunk of the large sum of money that falls into my lap every semister of school. Right now my thoughts are, pay of debt from car repair, buy new front tires for my car (complete with re-alignment), re-paint my car (so it looks less Ghetto) and then move on to other things, like medical insurence... and from there move on to stuff for fun and pleasure and whatnot. I suppose we'll see...but I don't have anything definate yet.

Right now I'm sitting here reading stuff and generally being bored before my 10am Music Appreciation class. In a few minutes I'm going to go down and kick some financial aid people in the nuts until they tell me how much money I'm getting from the government. Because it's something I need to know, and they said "two weeks" and it's been over three now, bastards. So ummmm, I'm going to go roshambo a few people into giving me the information that I want, and hopefully all will go well.

So go have fun, and I'm sure I'll gab some more at you tomorrow. <wave>

-

[Powered by Blogger]
Brought to you in part by BlogSkins.