headnoize: More Various Random Clicking of People Typing in the Computer Lab
Okay, so it's been a while. To be truthful, I really haven't felt like sitting at a computer and typing shit out like this in a while. But then again, I'd mentioned this before, but I'm bored right now, got about half and hour until my next class, so you guys get to hear from me.
Not entirely sure what to speak of at the moment, so I'll just ramble a bit. In the music front, I've been looking recently at equipment that I want to get...a bass most importantly, and for more fun and games and shit, a sampler...which I would proceed to load up with various crazy quotes (read: Ralph Wiggam and Gir) and basically make it so our drummer and I don't really have to talk during practice ;) it'd be funny either way.
In Dryad news, I think we're going to try and play some shows around here soon...with the 929 (formerly Twister's, formerly the Metro) re-openning, there's actually going to be a smaller venue for us to play here...and we can try and build somewhat of a fanbase around here and land some shows around here openning for some out of town peeps...but first things first, I think we're going to try and play a 4th of July party for the guy who did all of our demo recording (even if the recordings do suck ass)...and speaking of those recordings, the plan right now is to take them to another engineer and get them mixed by someone who 1) knows what they're doing and 2) isn't fucking stoned off their ass... Still more songs coming along...got two really in the works at the moment...one of them is mine, and one Ny's...I'm really feeling mine, it's some fun shit...we were having some problems with the interlude back intothe chorus transition, but I think I know a way to fix all of that, much in the same vein that one of our other songs (Push) handles its transition back out of the interlude. So I guess we'll see tomorrow night ;) Maybe at least, I'm not sure whether or not Nick is going to be there Wednesday, and I know Bryan and I won't be there this weekend (I'm going to go watch someone get married and just generally hang out all weekend otherwise.
So I think I'm going to a show Thursday night...some 1605 groups are going to be playing the Canal Club...Kottonmouth Kings, Mix Mob and Phunk Junkeez...should be a fun show, and it'll be good to support the 1605 crowd and whatnot. I think Andrea will actually go with me, since she actually really likes the Phunk Junkeez, so we'll see how that goes too ;) Hopefully it'll go well, even if I'm not a huge fan on KK, still gotta represent. Woohah.
I might make an attempt to try and blog a little more often, maybe aiming for like 3 times a week or something like that, but I'm not making any promises at this point because, well....I really don't fucking feel like it ;) So I'm going to continue to do whatever the fuck I want, and I'll probably at least try to hit you up with an update at least once a week, so you can deal.
In reality, the scope of this blog has changed a great deal since it's inception over a year ago. (My blog's birthday was May 4th, so happy belated b-day little blog, keep drinking your milk and someday you'll be able to beat up all the other little blogs on the playground)... anyways, back to my original point, this blog has change in my mind. Originally it was going to be an exercise for me in preparation for the mass of insanity that Dee Love and I were going to unleash on the world through Megadeformity.com (a beautiful brainchild of the both of us, if I do say so myself) but as time progresses, any chance of that plan panning out (even if I do own the URL) it looks less and less likely that anything of the sort will ever come about. So I need a change in purpose, because I'm sure there really aren't too many people that stop by and read this shit. In fact, I can probably only think of maybe three people that read this any more that I even know about, and that's if they still read it, and there's really only one that I'm 100% certain about. So...since I'm eventually going to be doing this whole music thing, and probably eventually going to be running a website in some capacity as an outlet for my music, it'll be good for me to be able to let people know what's going on and how things are progressing and give a really nice timeline about what's going on with my work...a lot of bands do this kinda thing when they're touring, but I want to do it all the fucking time while I'm working on projects. Update people as much as possible and give them as much as I possibly can. And I know it's not going to be an easy undertaking, and I still have to get all the equipment and shit to do it first, but that shouldn't take but so long...In fact, I'll probably have it all by the end of the next semister. So we'll see...I've already got some ideas, and some shit I want to polish up and finish, so there will be a good deal of stuff good to go from the get-go. So hopefully it'll all work out alright...so that's the purpose of this blog now in my mind. Still a look into my insanity and whatnot, but no longer in preparation for the hilarity of the mutant kind, it's now in preparation for keeping a link between me and the people who actually like my music in all of it's forms...whether it's Dryad, or one of the numberous side projects I'm sure I'll undertake over time. So here's to the start of something new...and who knows, maybe I'll get a little deformed over time as it is ;)
Anyways, time to be off to class <wave> enjoy.
-
Posted
12:56
by Mabelrode