Sonic Death Monkey
.:. Home .:. Writing .:.

6.25.2002


headnoize: computer fans and keyboard clicking

Back in the lab, woohah.

Been trying to entertain myself as of late, don't entirely know how successful I've been. Beat the ever-loving crap out of my midterms, which is good. But I'm starting to get a little annoyed at my photography class. Mostly because I hate having to depend on other people for my own well being, much less people I don't know. But apparently for one of our projects, we have to get some portaits of people in their work environment and whatnot with their knowledge and they have to be looking at us when we do it. And they have to be working too, they can't just be standing around or anything. I'm mainly just kinda bitching at the moment, cause I really don't have time for this crap, I don't have time to go hang out in Farmer's Market or any of that shit, much less for getting the like 9+ different subjects I need for the project by next week (yeah, we were given a week to finish the assignment). I'm just kinda annoyed at the whole thing, but I suppose I'll deal somehow, who the fuck knows.

So we had loads of fun last night, Andrea's car wouldn't start (when I say that, I mean the key wouldn't even turn in the ignition) so not only did I have to go pick her up, but we had to wait for a tow truck and show the tow truck what dealership to take it to and all kinds of crazy shit. Needless to say, Andrea didn't get back to her place until like 1:45 AM. It was pretty nuts. So hopefully her car is being fixed today, and hopefully everything will go well and she'll be able to get it back tonight and everything will be cool again. With the exception that my car's been acting a bit funny recently too. I really need to get a new one soon (or well, new to me) cause I know I couldn't afford a brand new car right now. And depending on the amount of money I get next semister, I have no idea how nice of a used car I'll be able to afford. I suppose we'll have to see. But I have a feeling that as my car closes in on 100k miles, things are going to get a bit worse (it's stalled twice in the past week or so). Really I need to get the oil changed and take it to like Aamco or something and have them look at it, since they'll do it for free. (their whole "we'll tell you why your check engine light is on," deal) Hopefully things will be okay for a while.

So I'm sitting here wanting to go some or just go get something to eat and not have to go to my piano class. I donno, the only class I'm really feeling right now is the Music Appreciation. Maybe it's because the prof in the piano class doesn't actually teach us anything, he just kinda comes in and critiques what we're doing and we have to figure it all out ourselves. I might as well be teaching myself, but hey, right now it's better than Photography.

Lesse, in the music front, still working on things for a possible 4th of July show, but I'm not sure how that's going to work out. I'm going to make people make phone calls tomorrow about it, because well, it's a little over a week away, and damnit, we need to know. I don't think our drummer's going to be around all week either, which adds an even more fun element to it all. Though in good news, I am happy with the way one of the new songs I'm working on with Dryad is turning out. So hopefully it'll continue on that way. I suppose we'll see. Anyways, I'm off to learn myself some Haydn. Adios. <wave>

-

[Powered by Blogger]
Brought to you in part by BlogSkins.