headnoize: Various Random Clicking of People Typing in the Computer Lab
Okay, so I've started up my classes and I have to say it's a least a bit interesting, and definately an improvement in the general way things have been going. My Composition class looks like it will be a breaze...if I can ever get the right book...much less if they can ever get any of the books in stock. And this is where the school has really dropped the ball. Alright, I got four classes total...and for these four classes, I think I'm supposed to have a total of five books...right now, I have three book, one of them is the wrong book. Three of them are on backorder...so it's funny and here's the run-down...
Composition - Incorrect book, real book is on backorder.
Music Appreciation - Book on backorder (less than probably a quarter of the class current has a book)
Piano - I have one of the two books for the class, and the other is on backorder (this class begins in about half an hour for the first time, so I have no idea if anyone else has any of the books)
Photography - WOO! BOOKAGE! and it's a beast of a book too, it's fucking huge. But at least it's used in BOTH of the first couple of Photography classes you can take through the school.
So far I *REALLY* like the Music Appreciation prof...and as a bonus, he's the Dean of JSRCC's music department, so I'll be dealing with him for the extent of my music career here. (And as of right now what I've been thinking is like, get the Recording Technology dealy, and then once I finish that program, switch to a music major and finish up that degree too (since it's actually a degree, and not a certificate) and then, depending on how well things go, possibly transfer again, and possibly go for a masters...but that's if I'm feeling the music love through the whole ordeal.) But he'll be fun to work with, real down to earth guy, fun to have a conversation with.
My Photography teacher is really fun too, but then again, much the same can be said of many people who aren't complete asshole who possess and nice english accent. And I've got to agree with the Dee Love on how fun it is to just sit back and listen to someone with a good ol' brit-like accent ramble on and on, just cause it's pleasing to the ears. In a way, I envy my sister, who's going to Scotland for several weeks in about a month or so. Because you damn skippy I'd be going all over that damn island while I was there. I'd be all up in London, take a stroll in Soho and whatnot, and hit up Whales and make an attempt to find Avalanche, Inc. And really make an attempt to stal...errr...meet and talk with Justin Broadrick and if everything went according to plan, get a chance to see Techno Animal kick all kinds of ass in the UK.
Anyways, I'll drop back in tomorrow night probably, let you all know what's up and all that fun shit. Right now, I'm going to go try to find me English prof and tell him about the whole book delima, and hope he's not a complete asshole (and I don't think he is)...and I like the way he thinks...our big term paper is going to be like 5-6 paragraphs (like 300-500 words) because in his opinion, it's just as easy to convey thought in 5-6 paragraphs as it is in 5-6 pages, and it tends to be more clear and to the point to boot. So, that should be a pleasant.
So, anyways, I'm off to fight the system, woo! Have fun kiddies. And remember to eat your raddishii. <wave>
-
Posted
12:45
by Mabelrode