headnoize: my dying cd player making everything skip
<sigh> my big cd player is dying :( So I'm looking into a replacement...which at this point has turned into replacing my entire nearly 12-year-old stereo system...unfortunately as most of us know, unless you're spending like $500+ on the stereo system they look like complete ass...and really there's no way to avoid this these days, as unfortunate as that is...
So right now the search for a new stereo has turned up two possible choices, really... (mainly because I must stay within about a $200 budget if I want this for X-Massacre...fortunately, I asked for something nearly impossible to find, so it's not too late to change my mind)...
First we have a Panasonic Dealy...which is 260W of audio goodness with a 5 disc changer...the downside...the changer has is of the internal cache design...meaning there's one little tray to hold cds, and the others are kept inside the stereo itself...I've never been a fan of the "Put It In Mah Belly!" cd-player design...so that's a definate minus for this one...
Second we have a Kenwood Dealy...this one kicks some ass around 300W of audio goodness and packs a 3 disc changer...which is it's only real down-side...it has a nice 3-tray design and is not held back by the "Put it in Mah Belly!" dealy...while I'm used to having a 5-cd changer, the drop to three will probably be a little annoying...but then again, this is really all a temporary fix until I get my new computer system and encode all of my cds and have an "Every Damn CD I Own" changer...
So as of right now, it looks like I'm going with the Kenwood dealy...cause other than the number of cds it can hold and the output, they're pretty much the same...so might as well go for more power...
So I went by and took care of getting things arranged to start the whole "Music Recording Technology" course...as crazy as it is...even though I haven't gone to JSRCC since I was a senior in High School...all they had to do was change my major and I was ready to go...crazy...so basically I got me a FAFSA, and since I'm not 24, married, an Army Vet, or a father...my Mom has to co-file for the FAFSA, which is *DAMN* good...cause that means we get all the "I already have two kids in College" Grants...<dance> which means things are off to a good start...It's always good to see plans coming together...we'll see how the rest of it goes. Which is getting the money out of my grandparents, and then getting my Dad to pay for his "third" (the reason I say "Third" is that the last time he was supposed to pay a "Third" of my education, he ended up paying for a fifth of it, fucker) and then on top of that, I should get enough grants to pay for all of my education, so I should be sitting on a nice sum of money...which is going to go first towards a new computer...and then we'll go from there...but you can probably bet some music equipment is going to fall into play somewhere...yay! Only a few more months to go...
Anyways, that's all for now, I'll keep you informed from time to time, fun stuff. <wave>
-
Posted
10:12
by Mabelrode