Sonic Death Monkey
.:. Home .:. Writing .:.

7.16.2001


headnoize: Excalibur

Well, today's started off pretty fucked up. It'd probably just me, and I'm probably just being overly paranoid, but things have been pretty fucked up so far this morning. I'm trying to care, I promise I am. And so far, it's working. Which is good, because if I start getting apathetic about all this, it's probably going to end up getting worse. Self-perpetuation is a wonderful thing.

So anyways, I'm trying to move beyond all that and hopefully end the day a lot fucking better than it's been beginning. And I mean, it's not particularly bad, I just feel weird. Hard to explain, so I should probably leave it at that and just move on.

Welp, recently I've made a decision to build up my GURPS collection a bit. So I've been running around on eBay the past week or so and trying to grab some books at the last second...and I've succeeded in grabbing one so far, the Cyberpunk suppliment (yes, the very book the Department of Defense confiscated from Steve Jackson Games when they raided their offices several years ago)...right now I'm high bidder on 4 other books that close over the next few days...so we'll see...I've got a pretty hefty wish-list at the moment that's at about 15 books...so we'll see...GURPS has gotten a lot of things right that most RPGs fuck up...pretty simplified rules...entirely modular, so you can include whatever you want and tell whatever you don't want to piss off...and it's completely skill-based from the get-go...which is good...oh well, I suppose we'll have to see about all this...I've got a lot of ideas about what I'd like to put together, so we'll see how it all goes.

I've changed the blog somewhat...mostly just that I'm going to do this whenever it best suits me from now on, as opposed to dayly...I mean, I'm still going to make an attempt at doing it each day, but if I can't fit it in, it won't matter to me much. Crazy shit...

Oh well, I'm going to go. And hopefully things will turn around today, and with any luck, I'll actually enjoy the rest of the day. Cause honestly, I'm just going through the motions at the moment. So I guess we'll have to wait and see on that too. Well, who knows at this point, I know I sure don't.

-

[Powered by Blogger]
Brought to you in part by BlogSkins.