headnoize: "Silverado"
Holy hell, a western with Kevin Costner, Jeff Goldblume, Danny Glover and some other goofy people who have no business being in a western, this is some funny shit.
Found out from Dee Love that an old friend of mine have been back on line recently...I need to get him to smack her and tell her to give me back my copy of Parasite Eve, damnit.
I'm too bored to go around looking for job stuff right now, I'll probably do it tonight while watching Invader Zim and stuff, since I think Andrea's planning to go out tonight with her roommate (who's getting ready to go out of town for a week). So things are at least looking up in one area ;) A friend of mine Ariene should be getting home some day soon (at some undetermined point this weekend) and then she can finally answer my email. I swear, all I want is some lovin' people, is that too much to ask? WRONG ANSWER!
Sorry, I just couldn't help that.
Oh, on a funny note, we have some quotage from my brother, which is actually even funnier out of context. He got a copy of Crazy Taxi 2 recently, and he's been messing around with it and he was getting ready to play it yesterday and I asked him what he was playing and he said the following:
"It's Crazy Taxi 2...What?...This game rules! It has a jump button, come on! Oh, never mind."
Oh well. I need to work on some modern city development for a series of games I'm comtemplating doing some development work on. See, I love the development process, which is why at one point I wanted nothing more in this world to be a game developer, and work behind the scenes on game and story line...I'd still love to do it, don't get me wrong...but in order to really do it professionally, I'd have to find some nitch to jump into the industry with...and really for me the only avenue would be coding...cause I'm not the world's greatest at map making, but if I put some time into it, I could definately be good...I'm not an artist, in fact, I can't draw worth shit...I guess I could to music for stuff, but music isn't really a way into the development seat, don't get me wrong, I'd love to do music and sound for a game, but the likeliness is slim to none. Mainly because the only really gaming companies around here are either in Maryland or North Carolina, which would most definately require a perminant move. Which in turn put an end to my working with my boys in Dryad, and hanging out with a lot of people, and probably put my relationship with Andrea on hold (and we all know the sacrifices I'd make to get a peak at her ass, so you can imagine how this would go). Not that I'd be able to get either job either way. For the music, I still need to learn piano/keyboard before I'm going to do most anyone any good as far as musical work is going to go...and I don't have the computer to really work on any of the even remotely new game technology to be able to land a job programming for any of them, not to mention every other gamer under the sun wanting to work for these companies too...
So in reality, the most I can do is develop in my own mind and on paper and whatnot...and maybe when the day comes in a few months when I'm able to get a halfway decent machine, when I have this new job I'm looking for so I can actually make some money at some point...I'll be able to apply some of this development to a project using some form of gaming engine. Games I'd love to mod out and work with are Unreal 2, Doom 3, Red Faction, Fallout: Tactics (or Fallout 3 when ever it comes out)...personally I'd love to work on some story line for a series of RPGs...tell a story...something crazy...something that fucks with people's heads, and maybe even emotions depending on how much I can draw people into it. I can write, hell, I can write my ass off, and some of you know that (hell, look at this speal today)...but being a game designer is pretty unrealistic at the current moment, and hell, I don't know if it will ever be...and so I develop and write so I don't go nuts over it all...maybe I'll work on something enough and submit it to some company at some point, try and get something in the door...maybe they'll see it and look through it and be like, "Hey, this kid's got talent!" or something, or maybe they'll say, "This really isn't our kind of game" I don't know. We'll see if I ever get something writen out to that point. Which in all likeliness will never happen, because I usually move on to something else after a while. I have a couple of RPGs laying around in my head, one of which I've been working on for a couple of years now, I just need to sit down and write out the story...perhaps I should start doing that soon. But if I do that, that puts off the Misadventures, which pushes back all kinds of shit...who knows. We'll see...I'll work out a bunch of plot and we'll see where that puts us. I'll probably do that at work today after reading through a bunch of stuff, we'll see...
I'm going to go mess around before work. You people take care. Hopefully we'll have our facelift soon, we'll see about that too. Take it easy.
-
Posted
12:49
by Mabelrode