headnoize: tool, "Lateralus"
This is going to be a very musically oriented Blog, so let's get it all out of the way.
First off, I'm going to withhold my opinions of the new Tool album, because right now their mixed, and I want to listen to it a couple of times before fomulating anything solid to protray to the world. I will say this though, there is a massive amount of Indian/Arabic influence evident in the album. But I'll hit you up with my opinions in the next couple days.
New Megadeth, fucking amazing. Get it, partake of it, fucking love it. What are you waiting for? If you doubted them at all over the last two albums, fucking get off your ass and get it.
Of note, all the old Samhain stuff got re-released (about fucking time). This is probably Glenn Danzig's best stuff, in my opinion. And I'm glad a hell it's been re-released, because I've been looking for a couple of them for a while now.
New music next week...two cds of note...Static-X's new one, "Machine" and the self-titled 4th cd by Stabbing Westward. Both are really worth looking forward too.
On to a last comedic note. Some of you are familiar with the new banner ads at the bottom of the messaging windows of the newst incarnation of ICQ...well I saw a funny as shit one today, and I'm trying to figure out how they store the image so I can post it here because it's just too funny. On the top it says, "Want to ask her out?" and under it it says, "Do it with ICQ, she'll never say no!" So, basically, with no disclaimer, they're guaranteeing that if you ask ANYONE out over ICQ, they'll always say yes. Well, somehow I feel the need to randomly go around messaging people with ICQ and asking them out, and then sue the living shit out of AoL/ICQ for false advertising and emotional trauma if anyone turns me down. Time to start looking for the ICQ numbers of centerfolds ;) +CACKLE+
oh well, I'm going to go now. Go buy some music, it's good stuff. I'll hit you up with my impressions of Tool soon enough. Go and make with the being happy and shit.
-
Posted
12:48
by Mabelrode