headnoize: Seiken Densetsu 4
Man, I love this game. Only thing I don't like about it is that it's not a PC game...so Square can't just release expansions for it...and throw out new artifacts and monsters and special moves and all that fun stuff...fundamentally I think that's where consoles have it all wrong...one advantage it does have is that most of the time, developers are forced to get their games to a point where they're bug-free before release (but even that doesn't always happen)...in theory, this should be easy with little worry about hardware compatability...but sometimes shit like THQ's No Mercy bullshit where a game has a massive and obvious bug...and both THQ *AND* Nintendo drop the ball on it. Despite all the bad shit people are saying about the X-Box, I think someone finally did something right for a change...the thing has a hard-drive for a reason...so games can be patched if they're faulty...it's not something that needs to happen very often...but it sure helps...and what about great games like say, Mario Kart 64 or Goldeneye and whatnot...if you've played MK64 for any length in Battlemode, you'll agree with me that there's a great desire after maybe 20-30 minutes for more than those 4 boards to play on. I hope Nintendo was paying attention to this idea...because it's a step I think Console's could use...the ability to make great games better say six months after they've been released...hell, at least Nintendo finally stepped away from cartridges...maybe the prices of their games will come down some with their next system. I know some of you (read: Dee Love) are probably all like, "What the fuck? How you be dissin' this shit, Nintendo practically invented consoles" Well, shit, N64 was a flop for the most part, Sega quit the hardware business...Atari...I won't mention their attempts in the past 5-10 years...I think it's about time for a US company to bring some innovation to a Japanese controlled market. And for all the shit people are giving MS about trying to take over the world and shit, at least they got the balls to try it. I mean shit, a lot of these people are the same ones posting to slash.dot saying "Yay! I just got Linux to run on my toaster, I'm a l33t h4x0r, r4wk" I mean I'm rambling like a motherfucker at this point and some people (read: Andrea) are probably saying "My brain hurts, I'm going to stop reading now" but I mean shit. Consoles needs something the fuck more than faster cd-reader, can play dvds, better graphics, 9857943285987 more buttons on the controller. Personally I think a hdd is one of them, and I think MS can help put a spin on things that will kinda make the other guys think. And hopefully all will become better on the whole because of this.
anyways, real blog stuff now WOO! got some fun quoteage and linkage for you people...first the quoteage:
Dee Love (11:42:13 PM): you know i'd have raped a thousand sheep to go see this bowie at the beeb concert ;)
I don't know if you can get a better quote than that at this time of day ;)
anyway now the linkage: Vintage Vibrator Museum, I just couldn't resist.
I grabbed a copy of this month's Maxim, which co-incidently happened to have their "100 Hottest Women of 2001" supliment, which amused the hell out of me when Aki (the lead character in the movie Final Fantasy: The Spirit Within) graced both the cover and #87 on their list. The other thing I found amusing about it was their 100 things every man should do before they die...I'll share come of my favourites, my comments will be in parenthesis ;)
3. Go to your high-school reunion dressed as a homeless guy.
4. Stand outside the Today Show window and moon Al Roker for two straight hours.
6. Test-drive a top-end sports car and lead the cops on a high-speed chase.
8. Befriend George W. Bush and try to get him to start drinking again.
9. Interview a female intern on a trampoline. (funny in a Man Show kind of way)
17. Grow a handlebar mustache - just to see if it might look good on you (+cackle+)
18. Go to the top of the Empire State Building, then his all the buttons in a crowded elevator on the way down. (I think that one's in the Evil Genius' Handbook)
21. Hold auditions for a posse. (awwwwww g'yeah)
25. Have sex on your boss' desk. Don't clean up afterwards.
30. Pleasure yourself in a voting booth (+cackle+)
32. Backpack across Europe wearing loud Hawaiian shirts and a cowboy hat. Offer everyone ketchup.
34. Have an all-night orgy with all your ex-girlfriends, then present a trophy to the "Most Improved Lady."
37. Eat chucks of cooked dolphin off a naked woman's body. (can we say, sushi bar ;)
38. Smoke a joint in a synagogue and yell out, "This is my High Holy Day, you bastards!" (I don't normally advocate drug use, but I can make an exception for humor)
46. Give your girlfriend an enormous candy-diamond Ring Pop and try to convince her it's the real thing. (don't worry, Andrea, I have no plans to do this...yet... ;)
48. Name a pet "You Filthy Whore" so when you yell, "Come back here, You Filthy Whore," the whole neighborhood pays attention. (I actually knew someone a while back who named their all white cat, "Nigger" for much the same reasoning)
50. Pick up a piece of road kill with a stick and chase a child with it (trauma anyone?)
51. Learn to bowl overhand.
55. Stand outside a bar pretending to be a bouncer and collect a "cover charge" from clueless tourists.
57. Convince a girlfriend to get a tattoo of your name on her butt (see comment for #46)
58. Secretly record your girlfriend having an orgasm, then put it on the outgoing message of your answering machine (see above)
63. Be a guest voice on the Simpsons. (everyone dream)
70. Wait in the express line of a supermarket with too many items. When someone complains, take out a glue gun and start combining your purchases into one giant bundle.
76. Teach a monkey martial arts...and then kick its ass. (bwaaaaahahahah)
80. Go into a gun store and ask the guy, "What do you recommend for teaching someone a lesson?"
93. Call a cop a "doughnut-eating fascist" to his face. When you get out of the hospital, send him a dozen doughnuts.
95. Meet Mr. T and thank him for helping keep you off the streets.
and yeah, this last one is out of order, but I had to save my personal favourite for last...
78. Whenever your girlfriend's father starts to say something at dinner, pretend you gotta sneeze and say, "I'mherdaddy." (+CACKLE+)
okay, I'm done blogging, your eyes are probably bleeding now. Let them rest until tomorrow ;) But never, ever stop being afraid. Of note...new Tool and Megadeth tomorrow. Go out and listen.
-
Posted
01:21
by Mabelrode